North Texas Steel Company, Inc. was a structural steel fabricator founded in 1923 and incorpored under new ownership in 1946. The North Texas Steel Company operated 2 locations in Ft. Worth on 16 acres and 160,000 sqft of manufacturing space.
The plant’s average monthly production for heavy structural steel was 1,250 tons and 500 tons for light structural steel. This plant employed 85 people with Quality Control, Engineering, and Administrative departments. Many of the personell had been employed since the late 1960’s and early 1970’s.
JR Demolition’s project is the 412 West Bolt St. site. This location was home to North Texas Steel’s main plant and offices. A second fabrication plant was located in east Fort Worth at 4410 Marsalis St. One of the most notable project North Texas Steel completed was the American Airlines Center in 2001.
Much of the structure for this project is metal and concrete; allowing for JR Demolition to maximize recyclable content and keep landfill use to a minimum.